A native of Brookhaven, Mississippi, Ben began his career in Nashville, Tennessee. He later moved back home to Mississippi to practice banking law with Watkins, Ludlam, Winter & Stennis (now Jones Walker) before establishing his own consulting and legal practices and ultimately forming Sones & White.
Ben’s primary goal is to serve as a trusted advisor to community banks. Ben’s consulting practice focuses on community development banking, providing strategic planning, grant writing, and compliance services to Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFls). Ben’s law practice focuses on bank regulatory, corporate, and transactional matters. In addition, Ben has experience serving as corporate counsel to small businesses.
Ben has lectured on community development and regulatory matters for many banker groups, including the Community Development Bankers Association, the Alabama Bankers Association, the Louisiana Bankers Association, and the Mississippi Bankers Association.
Ben and his wife Estelle reside in Madison, Mississippi, with their four children, Benjamin, Caroline, McKee, and Lucy. They are active members of Pear Orchard Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Ridgeland, Mississippi.
- Community Development Bankers Association
- Mississippi Bankers Association, Bank Attorneys Committee, Chairman
- Uniform Laws Commission, Commissioner for the State of Mississippi
- St. Augustine School, Board Member
- Pear Orchard Presbyterian Church (PCA), Elder
- Tennessee (2006)
- Mississippi (2009)
Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2006
- Harold Stirling Vanderbilt Scholar
- Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- President, Law School Ambassadors
Mississippi College, B.A., Mathematics, summa cum laude, 2003
- Presidential Scholar, with Distinction
- National Merit Scholar
- Robert C. Byrd Memorial Scholar
- Perry Academic Award (deemed the top student in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science)